Monday, October 20, 2008

Knitter Weather

Today was the second day in a row that I had to scrape ice off of my car. This time I thought about it ahead of time and remembered to wear a hat, scarf and gloves! It was the first time out for my Shedir! I love this time of year!

The Fir is progressing slowly. I've been working on simpler projects recently - mostly socks. I love the mindlessness of socks some days. I'm still trying to come up with something wonderful for my fiancee's mother. I just don't know where to begin since I've never met her. *sigh*

I'm so excited about taking a quilting class on Saturday! I'll be making a queen size carpenter's star quilt. I got the fabric, washed it and pressed it two weekends ago. Its going to be beautiful! :-) I'm really looking forward to having something to do on a Saturday too. Chores get old quickly. It will be nice to get out for a change.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Yay for quilts! I'm working on a star quilt too, but mine is a Pointless Star. Its great because the seams don't necessarily have to line up perfectly.