Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Spring in the Air

The weather has been beautiful recently and I am inspired to abandon my schoolwork (which keeps me tied to either my computer or piles of library books) and go out and enjoy the sunshine. With so many papers and projects to work on, knitting seems like the only thing on which I can actually show some progress at the end of the day. My cousin's wedding gift is finished. I've started a new sweater for myself in a fantastic yarn (Silky Tweed! Amazing!). And I've gotten a lot of mindless scarf knitting done while I talk to my SO on the phone at night (he's 750 miles away... sadness.)

Its too bad my fingers can't keep up with my brain as far as project ideas go. I've got things to finish, but my mind is already on to plans for gloves and mittens in the lovely grey alpaca I re-discovered when I went stash diving for scarf yarn the other day. I also recently frogged some sweaters to salvage the yarn and those new fibers are calling out to be made into baby blankets and brightly colored hats for kids in need. Meanwhile, my fingers try desperately to keep up with all of the projects that are currently on the needles.

No comments: