Sunday, June 29, 2008

Settling In

I've settled into the sweater with the cable braid that I mentioned last post. I wish I could post a picture right now so you can see the adorable little stripes and the beautiful cable, but alas, I am still camera-less. I love the silky tweed yarn and the way the red and grey compliment each other so well. I'll be visiting my SO next weekend and I'll take it with me to get some pictures. I'll try to remember to take the Aran Pocket(less) Shawl too so you can see that. It'll be a knitting fashion show! :-)

My movie-going scarf continues to grow. I need to carry a bigger purse now so it doesn't spill all over the place when I go to the movies. Ah well. I'm also experimenting with some self-striping sock yarn that was a gift from a friend. So far I haven't fallen in love with anything yet, but its fun to try.

Seems like everyone I (or my SO) knows is getting pregnant recently. I've been searching for baby things to knit like crazy! Do any of you who are parents have suggestions for what would be most useful? The babies are due in Jan/Feb.

No comments: