Today I began a new adventure in knitting. My MIL requested a dresser scarf for Christmas. I'd never heard of such a thing, so I did a little Rav research and found a few patterns. I bookmarked one of them, but wasn't in love. Then when Knit Picks had a sale on laceweight yarn I snapped up some Shimmer in Cumulus - the perfect colorway for my MIL! Unfortunately, my bookmarked pattern and my yarn did not match. I did more searching, but found nothing to my liking. Enter the Interweave Knits "101 Stitches to Knit" card set. I found two lace patterns I liked and decided to try my hand at putting them together.
The Fire Fountain Dresser Scarf was born (in my head anyway). Because this is lace, I've taken a few good notes on what I'm doing so I may even be able to share this pattern when it is completed. I'll have to double check copyrights on the lace patterns first, though. When I've got enough of it done to look like something, I'll post a picture. For now, just wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment