It is amazing the amount of work professors throw at you at the end of a semester. I wonder if they forget that we're taking more than one class at a time. Or maybe they just like to burden themselves with a huge stack of 10 page papers just before Christmas so they can get out of hanging up the outside lights.
In any case, knitting progress has been crawling recently. I did finish off the last round of a crocheted granny square lap blanket this evening after chapel. Its very bright and cheerful (think safety neon orange and bright yellow)! I've also started a simple scarf for charity that I can work on while I'm reading theology. Our professor is writing the manuscript for our textbook and has been working on it for the past 13 years or so. This means that we get it in a huge notebook and it lays open very nicely so I can read and knit at the same time! I need more books like that.
In lieu of actually knitting, I've been feeding my yarn habit by plotting my knitting for Christmas break and J-term. In December I need to finish the two sweater projects I've got, then I don't have to take any J-term classes so I've got most of January open! I've settled on the Fir Cone Square Shawl from Folk Shawls as my major project. I just need to get needles for that. Its my first major lace project and I'm very excited about it! If anyone has any suggestions for books on tape that would go well with lace knitting, please let me know!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment