Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Savior of the Nations Come

I adore the season of Advent. The time of waiting before Christmas. The hymnody is hauntingly beautiful and the whole world seems to be anticipating something wonderful. In just a few weeks we'll have the Advent Lessons and Carols service at the seminary. I'm singing in the choir and playing handbells. The bells are doing a beautiful arrangement of "Savior of the Nations Come" which is now stuck in my head. I love it!

In the spirit of the upcoming season, I'm arranging a Stash Swap with the seminary knitting group. We'll all bring a skein or two of yarn we aren't going to use to our last meeting of the semester to exchange for something new and exciting from someone else. Hopefully we'll all find things to inspire us to do some holiday knitting during finals week!

In other news, the steering wheel cover was long enough and I did some minor surgery to attach it to the steering wheel today. I didn't have my camera on me so I'll have to show you a picture some other time.

We've got a break coming up next week and my family is coming to visit me for Thanksgiving. I'm hoping to have a lot of knitting time between the cooking and catching up. Look for more picture filled posts soon! For now, enjoy the yarn I'm going to turn into a beautiful shawl once my mom brings me the book with the pattern in it.


Jaeger Wool Silk
Colorway: Ageon Blue
8 oz/2540 yds

Its the perfect color for the season - the color of hope.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm lurking here because everything you knit is so pretty and I'll freely admit to being jealous of your talent.